Starters, Sides & Canapes Recipes
Haloumi with Asparagus and Red Sauce
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 cloves garlic
- 180g haloumi, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into half
- 1/4 cup Angas Park Dried Apricots
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place capsicum and garlic on a baking tray in a pre-heated moderate oven (170ºC-190ºC) for 20 minutes.
- Coat haloumi in flour then set aside. Blanch asparagus in boiling water then set aside.
- Remove capsicum and garlic from oven, peel and place flesh into a food processor. Add apricots and lemon juice and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. When hot add haloumi squares and fry for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Serve hot on asparagus with sauce.