Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40-45 mins | Serves: 6-8
- Place peaches in a small saucepan, add water and stand to soak for 10 minutes.
- Bring to the boil, stir in sugar and cook on low with lid on until soft, about 10 minutes. Place peaches and syrup into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Cream together the butter and extra sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and beat in the eggs, a little at a time. Fold in the sifted flour and milk, stir lightly until all is incorporated. Pour over peaches.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180ºC for 30-35 minutes, until cake topping is cooked.
- Serve warm with cream or custard.